- Men in small shorts. Only because it’s funny.
- Rooftops. Usually decorated in some gorgeous manner, everyone here understands that it’s the best possible place for any occasion.
- You can use olive oil for ANYTHING. Quick story: one of the gang had an ear blockage that was pretty uncomfortable. A trip to the doctor resulted in a prescription of olive oil in the ear canal. Of course, we all were like, “riiiiiigghhhht.” 15 minutes later… all fixed! Brilliant. Basically, the way we feel about Windex is the way they feel about olio di oliva.
- When you need to go to the doctor, you just tell the bar owner down the street and he takes you in his car.
Not Loving –
- Mostly, I find this amusing more than disliking it, but you cannot go anywhere in southern Italy without an Italian raving about their nearest beach, asking if you’ve bee there, and then insisting on driving you there during the upcoming weekend. Obsessed.
- Men with man purses, which is almost every single Italian man. And they all look like my purse, so I feel a little self conscious about that.
- Dry pastries. Exactly what I want dissolving in my already moisture-free mouth on a 100 degree day: a sandy, crumbly hell-infused cake.
- After the Italian babies are done being cute, they turn into rude little kids with no manners. Parents are too busy living la dolce vita to care that their kids are screaming, running around the restaurant, and pissing everyone else off.